Friday, August 3, 2012

Is it time yet???

It's so VERY VERY close to the moment where my little book springs into the world, and I finally get to start seeing what y'all think of the projects it contains. I've gotten some feedback over the last few months while I've been able to privately show some friends and customers as proofs and then my one hard copy came in, which has been so exciting - like showing off my newborn baby! And on Thursday I got to read my first formal review of the book from Jennifer VanBenschoten, of Beading Daily. You can read it here: go ahead, I'll wait.

Isn't that exciting! She gets me! And I have to tell you, I was worried that the peyote tube bracelet she mentions in the review was going to be one of the overlooked projects in the book, because unless you read the instructions you don't realize how it's made completely differently than you assume looking at the photo.

Which brings me to this - how about you and I have a little daily preview action while we all wait for the big release day?? I plan on showing you a project a day from the book, with any little stories I have about how and why I made the project the way I did, ideas for variations, and any other fun stuff I can dream up.

So don't forget to come back starting tomorrow!!! Okay? Because I'll be sad if you don't.

And in the meantime, how about this?? Two FREE patterns from the book have been released (you remember this post about that, right?) and already folks are starting to send me photos of the projects they've made from them! So if you make anything, will you pretty please send me a photo so I can show it off??
Flirtation Earrings by Danielle McElroy Brown

Flirtation Bracelet by Julie Grossberg Glasser



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait! I just ordered mine.

    So excited to see the project preview. Way to go Jill!!!!!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete