Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Guilty fingers

Mom asked me tonight if I was ever going to start beading again. I told her I hoped so.

Post Book Syndrome (PBS) is still holding me in it's nasty little grasp. I had started beading something that I still believe will grow up into a fine national class project a few days ago, but I haven't touched it now...well...since my last blog post about the darned Swarovski pearl organization.

This happens to me at least once a year, and usually around this time. My brain goes on hiatus. My fingers go on strike. I sit and read books and watch stupid tv and sleep a lot. I hear some people call this "taking time off." But around here, it worries folks because in general I never stop. Ever.

And it's actually an inconvenient time to close down the Jill Machine because all of 2012 is shimmering in the near future and demanding new projects. I'm trying to remind myself that this is kind of like a computer rebooting. You've got to power it down for it to reset all the systems. Then when you power it back up again it works like a charm again.


No comments:

Post a Comment