Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bye Miami - Hello Denver!

My weekend in Miami went by MUCH too fast! The good news is that I get to go back in December, but I'm getting ahead of myself with that.

This was certainly one of the more interesting shows I've attended in the last few years for a number of reasons. First, my booth was right next door to the lovely, sassy ladies of the South Florida Jewelry Guild, and they are a riot! Each day a new group arrived to spice things up and rustle up more laughter. We got along like peanut butter and jelly, and I'm happy to say they are letting me come back the weekend before Christmas for three days of classes. And giggles. Beads and giggles always seem to go together, don't they???

I also got to spend some quality time with the amazing Anna Draeger, a fellow seed bead designer, and one of the editors at Bead & Button Magazine. Anna and I have known each other in passing for years, but never really had time to get to know one another. In Miami we quickly rectified that situation, and cemented our friendship with a crazy fun night on South Beach, dancing the evening away... Her brand new book, Crystal Brilliance, has just been released, and it's a winner! So many new projects I'm dying to tackle. Sigh. Where is the TIME??

Monday was a rushed trip to the airport that almost left me missing my flight home. I was literally in the security line hearing them page my name at the gate that was just beyond. I begged a few folks to let me cut in front of them, and managed to sneak on board with seconds to spare. No, don't ask why I was running that late.

By the time I got home 3 hours later, I realized I was getting sick AND had an eye infection coming on. AGH. So since then I've done very little but sleep. I fit in a quick trip to the doctor earlier today because the eye isn't getting better on it's own fast enough for me. Especially since I'm leaving again Thursday - this time for Denver!

Yup. Denver and the Rocky Mountain Bead Society Bazaar, here I come! Last year was my first time at this particular show and it was just wonderful. Really great vendors, and a good crowd of folks. Many amazing classes. So pretty please, come visit if you're anywhere nearby this weekend!

After I get home again Monday, the plan is for non-stop Bead & Button Show prep for the next four weeks straight. But maybe I'll sleep for a solid day first. Yeah. And a massage. And THEN kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment