Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Cord Tamer

Yup, that's me, the Cord Tamer. Jill has been in Santa Fe at Bead Fest. Initially, I was going to go too, but we decided I would stay home to cut costs. I took 4 days of vacation anyway, and decided I would get some stuff done around the house.

Unfortunately, I had gone to my son's house to babysit for him last weekend and Alexis has had a cold. Of course, I came down with a cold too. I guess that's not unexpected when you munch on a kid that has a runny nose and cough. I couldn't help myself. So I've been feeling pretty lousy, and haven't done a darn thing but sleep, read, and do a little beading.

Jill is on her way home today, and I wanted to accomplish at least ONE thing while she was gone. I decided once and for all to tame the computer cords. Because the computer is in front of a window, Maggie gets in there and is always getting tangled up in the cords. I wish I'd taken a "before" picture, but I didn't think of it. We have a printer, a scanner, a label printer, a postage machine, a wireless router, and the box to run the cable. Each one of those accessories has a cord to the computer and a cord to a power source, in addition to the power sources for the monitor and computer themselves.

TA-DA!!

I went to IKEA and got a couple of these. You wouldn't want to look at the BACK of the desk, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of Mom for getting this monster all taken care of, because it was SCARY! The desk is an Ikea table that has a side wing that can be extended or not. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the desk info, Jill! Welcome back to warm weather.

    ReplyDelete