Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mid-Tucson Report

What a jam packed few days it's been since I posted last! The days in Tucson are always long because you're working all day, and then gathering with friends at night. A few hours of sleep and then I'm up to do it all again!

Wednesday was the start of our show and it's traditionally one of the busiest days. Unfortunately, we had some pretty strong rain showers off and on all day so it wasn't quite as busy as usual. I can't imagine the rain deterring ME from getting out to shop for beads, but evidently not everyone is as dedicated as I am! I got to see many of my usual customers, and the editors of Beadwork and Step-By-Step Wire. (Don't tell, but I sold a seed bead kit to Denise Peck, the Step-By-Step Wire editor - she's a seed beader too!!) The ladies from Fusion Beads stopped by, and they'll be carrying some of my new kits on their website before long too.

I enjoy my neighbors, Janice and John, so much. Crazy Australians with spunky personalities and cute accents. We've been neighbors for years now and it's amazing how they become close friends even though you may only see them once or twice a year.

Thursday was slower since one of the major shows down the road opens on Thursday, but we had warm temperatures and sunshine so some of the stragglers from Wednesday showed up finally. Friday was more of the same perfect weather with many more people coming through. Friday night was a Karaoke party for our show, and I have to say I'm impressed with how well some of these folks sing! Not to mention impressed with out BADLY some of them do! It was a fun time and I'm pretty tired.

But there's no time for rest yet! I'm quickly updating this before I head out for Saturday's show. It's going to be 70 and sunny in advance of a cold and rainy day tomorrrow. I need to go soak it up!!

PS - it's quite amazing, but I've only managed to buy ONE bead so far! Only because I'm always at my booth and don't get shopping time...but I'll manage before the weekend is out...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having a good show! Congrats on the Fusion Beads exposure!

    ReplyDelete