Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday's Random Bits and a little more

Where did this week go? Well, parts of it went to:
  • A/C repair, and then a nap under the blankets because by comparison to our sweltering weekend, the house felt chilly
  • A class at the house Tuesday night which required whirling dervish cleaning techniques and last minute instruction writing
  • A trip to San Marcos on Wednesday, 30 min. south of Austin, for a relaxing dinner with a friend. I was getting a bunch of WildFire to her for the beady folk on her Alaskan Beading Cruise which departed today (I think.)
  • A trip to Donna Mehnert's studio on Thursday to plot and plan Bead & Button Show domination. It's her first year to sell her amazing lampwork beads at the show, and I was there as an "old hand" at the biggest bead show in the country to offer opinions and tips. I hope I was helpful. At a minimum, we had a great five hour chat and some nummy Chinese food!
  • A frantic Friday full of trying to pull together a few samples in progress to submit as Bead Fest Santa Fe teaching proposals. Only to find out the deadline had been moved from today to late June. SIGH. It's much better for me as I have several in mid-design, but few are actually finished.
  • And last, but not least, there was more preparations for tomorrow's 2 bead classes here at the house. 14 lovely beaders will invade throughout the day.
Care for a little show and tell? This is the necklace I worked on today for my Quick and Easy Kumihimo class proposal. I'm quite pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment