Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fabulous or nightmare

Sometimes making color choices is a careful, studied art. And sometimes you just throw stuff on the wall and see if it sticks. It's either fabulous, or a nightmare...and I'm heading for one of those experimental moments on Saturday.

I'm headed to Houston on Saturday to take a class from Carol Wilcox Wells, and while she offers kits for the project, I decided to put my own goodie bag together. I was inspired by one of my regular students here in Austin, Padma. At our class last weekend, she happened to have some of the jewelry she will be wearing at an Indian wedding in London (England) this week. Indian weddings make me weak in the knees with lust over the profusion of bright, many-colored fabrics, the beautiful jewels, and the joyful music and dancing.

Which means I've put together a palette of orange and bright pink and emerald and lime green and gold and I can't remember what all else. Fabulous, or nightmare? Time will tell...

I purchased a new, itty-bitty camera to carry around with me all the time so I can share more photos on the blog. I still need to get our previous beloved camera sent off to Canon for repair, but it's a little on the big side to carry in my purse. This one is micro-sized for me to lose, er, I mean use.

I get to have dinner with the fabulous Beth Dewey in Houston this weekend. Beth is one of those who uses color schemes you swear are uglier than sin, and somehow they turn into jaw dropping works of art. I met Beth at the Texas Bead Retreat in Temple, Texas in 2008 when she was wearing a cashmere sweater. I didn't know her at all, but I couldn't resist petting that cashmere! We became fast friends after I got so fresh with her sweater, so I don't think there's a restraining order out there against me. I guess we'll find out this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment