Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beading ADD

My name is Jill, and I have Beading Attention Deficit Disorder (BADD). I am powerless to complete a project before I have started three more. I can not focus on any fewer than 10 projects at a time. My unfinished project box is now three unfinished projects boxes. It's so unfair that my mind designs at warp speed compared to the production department's slow completion rate. Not to mention that sometimes I veer off on beading away on what I WANT to work on instead of what I NEED to work on. That particular problem is mostly unique to those of us who work in the beading industry, I know, but you can imagine the pain...

Why am I confessing this today? Um. Do I have to tell? Okay, I'll tell you guys - but don't tell Mom on me, promise? She's off napping right now, so I snuck in 30 min. of crocheting large teardrop beads. This sneaky approach works well for this project since I can't seem to do more than 30 min. of it without my hand cramping up (something to do with the awkward way I need to hold it due to the bead size, I think) so short bursts are the way to go. Easier to hide.

Way back in 2003, Gail Crosman Moore had a necklace on a Bead & Button cover that was crocheted daggers, with a fabulous wired clasp worn forward, with a few of her lampwork beads dangling. I've had lust in my heart for 5 years now for this necklace, and it's finally taken me down. I can't live without my own variation of it one more year. I purchased a mass (1200 pieces) of teardrop beads in a lovely purple luster when I was in Tucson. I know it will take several mass to make the whole necklace, but I wanted to make sure I could master the crochet withe them before I made a huge investment in beads. Now that I know it works I'm dying to buy the rest of the beads! It's going to have to wait until after this weekend's show in San Antonio, though.

Speaking of which...are you coming to visit me there?? It's Saturday from 10-5, and Sunday from 10-4 at the Live Oak Civic Center in north San Antonio. I'll not only have my kits and patterns there (new stuff!) but also a bunch of seed beads and the 2mm Swarovski crystals. And WildFire! Don't forget the WildFire!

No comments:

Post a Comment