Sunday, January 18, 2009

More from Temple, Texas!

I'm pretty sure we all managed to pack several week's worth of fun and gabbing and beading into a single day today. At least that's what it felt like! As a regular at the Texas and Shreveport retreats for the last few years, it's like a mini-reunion each time. The only time I get to see most of these spirited ladies is at the retreats, and then we have to do all our catching up in such a short time frame. This year there are a few who are dealing with some pretty daunting physical challenges - seems like more than usual - but they're not letting it stop the all important therapy of beading! And you know what I mean.

I taught a class Saturday afternoon of Parisian Lights, and will do another session Sunday morning since there were so many folks who wanted to take it. Most of them finished their bracelets by the end of the evening, and it was fun to walk around the room and see everyone wearing them en masse!

I also set dates to teach at the Dallas Bead Society (August 29 & 30) and another teaching day in Spring (Houston) at Beadaholique on April 18th. We're working on figuring out the exact projects, and we'll update you on that as it comes together.

I tried going to bed at 10:30, but pretty much tossed and turned for a few hours. Now I'm up again and hoping to lull myself to sleep playing Solitaire after I finish updating here. 7am is going to come all too soon. On the other hand, one of the benefits of being only an hour away from home this time is that I'll get back in time for a nice nap in the late afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment