Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's my Birfday

Monday was such a lovely day. I had birthday wishes from so many friends and family (including Donna Mehnert of Blackberry Beads who said it was my "Birfday" - that sounds SO much like me, so I'm stealing it!) I was able to sleep to my heart's content with no guilt over things I should be doing. Mom & I went out to dinner tonight, followed by an intent viewing of the latest episode of "24." I had threatened to go out and book myself a massage for today, but when push came to shove, the Jilly hermit chose a simple day of secusion. I was supposed to go to a friend's house for a beady play day, and I'm sorry, Gwen! I simply couldn't make myself leave the house and the bed.

Tuesday I'll be glued to the tv all day, enjoying the festivities. My personal forcast calls for 100% chance of tears of joy.

And then it's back to the grindstone! I've gotta get a bazillion or so packages out to the Post Office, dash to the bank, and then get all my supply orders finalized and sent in. I'll have three or four days before the beads arrive, and then it's massive production time again. In the down time, I'll be working on printing patterns. I'm worried whether our Color LaserJet printer is going to make it until after I get back from Tucson. It was giving me fits before the Retreat - that mechanisim which picks up the next sheet of paper from the tray and feeds it into the paper path is not working properly. Sometimes it can't grab the paper and says it's jammed. I finally discovered though trial and error that if the paper try is half-full (not ALL full, and certainly not barely full) it will work. Sometimes. I'd really love it if I could nurse it along another few weeks and then I'll put it out to pasture. We'll see who wins this battle of wills.

Also on the agenda is to do a mock table set up for the new display. We need to make sure it looks okay, and that everything fits. I'm also going to purchase some new fabric to create a table runner down the front that will inject a splash of color into the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment