Tuesday, January 27, 2009

After a day of printing patterns with Mom, and working on last minute jewelry samples on Sunday, I got a very special break from work on Monday night. I actually made time to go out to dinner with a friend I've known for more than 25 years now. As happens with most friendships, we go in and out of phases of spending time together - and lately - mostly because of my crazy schedule - visits have been few and far between.

But with my reduced teaching schedule freeing up many of my nights and weekends, and some changes in her personal social schedule, I have a feeling we'll be rectifying the "seeing each other once every six months" problem. Tonight was like old times, and we talked nonstop for hours to fill each other in on the events in each others lives. It's so nice to have people like that in your life. Someone who knows all the secret nooks and crannies of your head and your heart. Someone with whom you can pick right up where you left off so long ago. I'm really glad that our friendship has survived some really hard times.

After I got home tonight, I worked on finishing up a new Butterfly Kisses kit contender - I'm going to leave it out for Mom to vote on in the morning before she goes to work. I'm obviously running out of time to have anything new for the Tucson show at this point, but that doesn't mean I won't be introducing even more new kits post-Tucson. There are several that are almost right, but not quite. So I'm holding on to them until they make the grade.

Jill McKay is at the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Show in California this week, and reports that Paris Hilton was there one day, and Jane Seymour another. I asked what day Brad Pitt would be attending. Surely he's into crafts, what with all those children around...right? (Please don't burst my bubble.)

No comments:

Post a Comment