Monday, December 22, 2008

Back to freezing again

I had such high hopes of what I'd get done today. Working in the bead room on the reorganization project, a bunch of laundry, and finishing up a bangle for myself. Sadly, it was not to be. Instead I spent a good portion of the day huddled under blankets. The temperature here in Austin never got above 35 or so today, and the wind chill made it much colder. As I sit here, I hear sleet hitting outside. Mom & I have both remarked that this is the windiest winter we've known in Texas - for the last six weeks or so, the winds have been howling around 20+mph with great regularity.

I did finally work on that bangle, and I'm almost done. Why is it that a beader will always end up having to add thread when you're just a few rows shy of completion?? WHY, Universe, why?? I'm disheartened enough to be bad and leave it for tomorrow. I'll hate myself in the morning, but I promised Mom I'd get to bed by 2am, and I'm up against that deadline now.

No comments:

Post a Comment