Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweet rain

Oh, how lucky we are in Central Texas today. Rain. Actual rain is falling from the sky, and it's a good, soaking rain. Not too hard so it all runs off and causes flooding. Not so sparse that the ground never gets penetrated. Nope - it's a good soaker. Now if we can just get several more days of it!!

I have the day off today. No teaching. Yippee! I'm working on getting caught up on emails and shipping out orders. Figuring out what supplies I need to order for kits for the last two shows of the year later this month. I just sent out an email listing the two latest home classes - let me know if you'd like to be on that email list. We're doing Celebration Collar on Nov. 15, and Kumihimo on Jan. 10.

I'm still coming to terms with the new haircut. It's a dramatic change and I'm still deciding if I like it or if I'm already "growing it out." So far everyone says they like it - but it's very different. And it's going to look different yet again when I style it instead of the professional blow out. So the jury's still out.

One of the local news stations did a segment at Nomadic Notions (the Austin bead store I teach at) and they have it posted on the website. That's Mick, the store manager, you see helping her make a necklace. http://www.kvue.com/video/index.html?nvid=283619

No comments:

Post a Comment