Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Patience is a virtue

I got news today on my Big Secret Project - and the news is that I need to wait a little longer for news. Okay, I can do that.

I worked until the wee hours of the morning on this project - it's a new sample for my Elegant Options bracelet. Instead of covering every square, I only embellished every other square, which gives it a checkerboard type of look that I'm really digging. The chips on top are some luscious Apatite chips, accented by taupe Size 15s on either side. I was so determined to finish last night that when I looked up and realized it was already 4:30am (and I wasn't done) I was shocked. I'll have to finish tonight after my Ring Around the Rosie class instead.

The photos of the Gulf Coast devastation are painful to see. And I wonder how long it will be until we start getting an idea of how many of those determined to ride out the storm got washed out to sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment