Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sleeping in Philly

Ohmigosh - did I crash yesterday afternoon when I arrived at the hotel in Philly. I didn't get a lick of sleep the night before as there were so many last minute details getting stuff together for the trip. Wasn't it only a few days ago that I was bragging about how together I was for the show? I totally jinxed myself. Or fooled myself. Or something. Because I wasn't!!!

So after 36+ hours of wakefulness, I checked in the hotel and crawled into bed for a nap before Anne arrived in town too. I figured we'd go off for dinner and catching up. But when she called we both decided that sleeping and rest were the word of the day. I rolled back over and now it's 4am and I finally woke up. 12 blissful hours of sleep.

Today is largely a day of lesiurely organization and
socializing. I have to set up the booth - but I'm so lucky that my set up only takes 60-90 minutes depending on how well I packed my stuff. Anne and I have plans to go find a grocery store to stock up on some healthy food for the show days. It's so hard to eat like a real human at these shows. Of course, I have extra calories to spare since I never ate anything yesterday but a handful of almonds and a piece of banana nut bread!

And here we goooo! My last national show of the year is off and running....

No comments:

Post a Comment