Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Photos of goodies

I really need to break down and get a better camera/photo studio set up for taking good photos. Right now I slap things down on a flatbed scanner, and sometimes it works out and other times - not so much.

This photo represents the not so much type! Because the beads aren't flat, it's hard for the scanner to do any type of justice to them and they deserve so much more.

The large bead at the top is a Lori Lochner piece - I'm blaming Charlene Abrams for making me so green with envy at her big Lori bead that I had to try to compete. Charlene will be happy to know that hers is still bigger.

The bottom three beads are treasures from my sweet and sassy new friend, Gail Crosman Moore. She and I had so much fun being booth neighbors all weekend, and having her next to me was temptation more than I could bear. She had me dreaming about sequins after our first day together. I have some great creative plans for these beads...I can't wait to show you when I get them transformed into Real Stuff.

I found this short poem on the internet tonight and love it. I'm a sucker for those small hours - small moments. I keep them tucked safely away in my memory to take out and live again as needed. There were many such moments with my friends at the show this weekend.

Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours still remain

No comments:

Post a Comment