Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day Two - Natives getting restless

I ache. Oh, I ache. It's one of those things where you don't really even notice it until you stop moving. And then it's like, OUCH! When I drive to a show I bring some spongy mats to put on the floor in the booth so I'm not spending all day standing on hard concrete. But it's kinda hard to pack those in your luggage, so hard concrete it is. Happily, a good night's sleep will cure a world of pains and I'll be up and at 'em again tomorrow.

I got to spend some time today talking with a variety of friends and vendors and customers. I gave some advice to a woman who's interested in selling kits of her own designs, I bought some supplies from new and old suppliers alike, and I hooked up with the awesome and cool Susan Nestor to share a booth at Puget Sound next year. She's the sweetest thing and it will be great to have company to be silly with.

Tonight I sat in on Anne Mitchell's class and I didn't even burn myself! I have fused links! I definitely plan on playing with fusing some more, but first I have to figure out where I'm going to set up a small work bench to do it. I had planned on doing some reorganization of the Bead Room to make it more efficient storage-wise anyway, and that will probably free up enough space for a bench.

Sunday will be the last day and the late start is much appreciated. I need the extra snooze time because after the show is over, then it's packing up everything, and preparing for a 4:15am pick up at the hotel to get to the airport for my flight. (I can HEAR you laughing, out there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment