Saturday, April 26, 2008

My brother, the hero

And this would be a photo that was on the Stateman's home page yesterday - a story about how an oodle of firefighters worked for 3.5 hours to get a 6 month old cat out of a drainage hole in the street. Evidentally, the cat got chased down there, but was then physically stuck. She meowed for days and her owner was working with the City Water Dept, etc, trying to figure out how to rescue her.

I'm not sure how the Big Guns got called in - my brother is the one at the back in the photo - you know, the only one who looks like he's not breaking a sweat. HA! You know he's getting teased about that!! Anyway, he works at the downtown station in the Special Operations Unit, which means they're the ones who go out on technically difficult calls. Scaling the sides of tall buildings, rescuing people from caves, water rescues, etc. And dragging cats out of sewers. We'll call it a training exercise.

Don't get me wrong! I'm totally in love with the fact that they rescued the cat!! I have two special furry babies of my own and I'd move heaven and earth to do the same thing if they were in peril. I think it's kinda funny that it took 20 people and a paparazzi crush of media to do it though. And the kitty, aptly named Angel, is doing just fine after her ordeal.

I was having motivation problems today. Some days are just like that. I call it having a case of the "I don't wanna"s. Maybe I should write instructions - I don't wanna. Maybe I can bead on samples? I don't wanna. Run errands? Don't wanna. You get the picture. I finally managed to overcome the I don't wannas by the end of the night, but it wasn't the most productive day. Mom will be home Saturday and Sunday to crack the whip on me. Probably good.

No comments:

Post a Comment